Data protection information pursuant to Art. 13 GDPR:
1.ControllerVienna Medical Chamber (Ärztekammer für Wien)
Phone: +43 1 51 501 - 0
2. Data protection officerVienna Medical Chamber's data protection officer can be contacted at:
3. PurposeProduction of photos and videos of the Vienna Doctors' Ball and publication of the photos and videos on the website https://www.ärzteball.at, on social media and in print media (such as doktorinwien) for public relations purposes and make transparent the activities of the data controller.
4. Legal frameworkLegitimate interest as defined in Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR and Art. 12(2)(4) of the Austrian Data Protection Act (Datenschutz, DSG): public relations work and making transparent the activities of the controller.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data. If you wish to object to the use of your data or would like to submit an objection of any other type, please contact .
It is to be assumed that the interests of the controller in the production and use of the photos and videos does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of natural persons excessively, especially since they have chosen to enter the public space to take part in a public event at which the presence of a photographer has been pointed out both prior to and at the event itself, and since attention is being paid to ensuring that neither the production nor the publication of the photos and videos infringes the legitimate interests of persons depicted. If, in exceptional circumstances, the rights and freedoms of any persons depicted are infringed, appropriate measures will be taken to prevent further processing. Information that has already been published in print media cannot be rendered anonymous. If it is technically possible to do so, however, such photos and videos will be removed from the website https://ärzteball.at/ and from social media.
5. Storage periodData will be deleted at the end of the 3rd calendar year after production.
6. Categories of recipientsDepartments of the controller which require the image and video data as part of the processing activity (e.g. EDP, other administrative units, marketing),
Public authorities and legal representatives (for the enforcement of rights or defence of claims or for the purpose of official procedures)
The image and video data will be published and made available for public viewing on the website https://www.ärzteball.at and live streaming will be provided via the social media channels of the Vienna Medical Chamber. The data will be published in print media (such as doktorinwien), which have a limited print run (approx. 12,000 copies) and are distributed to members and subscribers, with copies also available to the public.
The image and video data will not be shared with third parties for their own purposes. It is not possible to prevent social media service providers from acquiring exploitation rights to data that is shared on social media channels.
No transmission to recipients in third countries (non-EU states) or to any international organisation is intended. No profiling will take place.
There is no contractual nor statutory obligation to provide your image or video data. The provision of your personal data is not necessary for performing a contract. There is no obligation on the data subject to provide the data.
The statutory provisions give you as a data subject the fundamental right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection and data portability. Should you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at: If you need more information, please write to:
Vienna Medical Chamber (Ärztekammer für Wien)
Phone: +43 1 51 501 - 0
You may lodge a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority (https://www.dsb.gv.at/kontakt) if you believe that your personal data has not been processed in accordance with data protection laws or your claims based on such laws have been infringed upon in any way.